At its core, the Domain Name System (DNS) is the internet’s address book, translating human-friendly URLs into IP addresses. To ensure uninterrupted access and resilience, enter the Secondary Domain Name System service. Acting as a backup to the primary DNS, this service holds a mirror copy of the DNS records. In the event of primary DNS failures—whether due to technical glitches, high traffic, or malicious attacks—the secondary DNS seamlessly takes over, ensuring continuous website accessibility. By distributing the load and acting as a failsafe, a Backup DNS service not only enhances performance but also fortifies a site’s defense against downtime. In the digital age, it’s a safeguard every online entity should consider. Find a detailed guide on how you can boost your security with Secondary DNS.
The Domain Name System (DNS) – an essential directory of the internet – isn’t immune to cyber threats. Several DNS attack types lurk in the digital shadows:
- DNS Cache Poisoning: Manipulating stored data in a DNS resolver, causing it to redirect users to malicious sites.
- DNS Tunneling: Exploiting DNS to sneakily transfer non-DNS traffic, potentially bypassing network security measures.
- NXDOMAIN Attack: Overloading a DNS server with requests for non-existent domains, draining resources.
- DNS Amplification: Exploiting vulnerabilities to amplify the attacker’s traffic, overwhelming target servers.
- Domain Hijacking: Unauthorized alterations to domain registration details, redirecting a domain’s traffic elsewhere.
Awareness of these attacks paves the way for robust defences, ensuring the internet’s directory remains trustworthy. Check out more details about different DNS attack types.
The backbone of online accessibility, the Domain Name System (DNS), often becomes a prime target for cyber-attacks. DDoS Protected DNS services step up as the unsung heroes in this scenario, offering a fortified barrier against malicious traffic. By filtering and distributing incoming requests, these specialized services ensure that genuine users can always find their way to a website, even under a torrent of attack. More than just an advanced firewall, a DDoS Protected DNS service is a beacon of stability in the tumultuous seas of cyber warfare. For businesses serious about uptime and security, it’s an investment in digital peace of mind. Discover more details about the benefits and usages of DDoS Protected DNS.